Friday, April 16, 2010

Candace goes to Seattle

Candace with the Fremont Troll



All I've been told is that this is the ne'er do well that tried to kidnap her.



My sister tells me that she's trying to pick up tricks on the Aurora bridge but that's just false rumor and conjecture. Can't a gal just sit and enjoy the sun in a well trafficked area without people speculating what her purposes may be? I know Candace and she's not like that!




Candace with Lenin


It seems that Candace's adventures have started. I thought that a nice visit to my sister in Seattle would be a mellow affair but it appears that there may have been shenanigans. I didn't get the details but she mentioned some escapades in passing so I can only tell you what she told me. All she said was that some ne'er do well tried to abscond with her and I don't know the full story of how she was saved from the miscreant.

My brother-in-law, Matt Hagen happens to be a quite decent photographer as witnessed here at our Alaskan wedding so certain parts of her visit were documented. As I said I only got snippets of what actually happened. (and it appears some may be just rumors)

Let's hope that her visit to Boston with my sister will be a tad more wholesome and safe.

To see the original post on Candace and her journey stop by here.

10 comments:

  1. The adventure begins! I'm posting this on my blog, Redoing the Undone. I also author The "K" Is No Longer Silent. It's my understanding that I get Candace after Cat. Are either of your sisters Cat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she wasn't trying to pull tricks, how come she kept yelling out, "Hey Sailor! Hey Sailor!"? But now I'm wondering if that ne'er-do-well tried to sell her into sex slavery. Candace doesn't want to talk about it yet; but I'll let you know if she opens up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kass,
    She'll be going to 4 other people after my sister before she comes to you.

    That's my sister Ovens2Betsy there. She's still going to take her to the Boston marathon yet.

    Yes, Catt will be the one sending her to you from FL.

    thanks for posting, this is going to be fun!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how scary for Candace ....but I guess the rascal couldn't have got far ....looks like his trousers are falling down so he couldn't run that fast.....x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised Candace is looking so calm next to that spectacular troll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I've put a link to the Fremont Troll for a little history on it and a better idea of the scale. It lives under a bridge!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I, for one, am pleased Candace is kicking up her heels a little! Turning tricks, meeting trolls under bridges, escaping a kidnap attempt and being influenced by Lenin . . . these are all good things that may put a little color in Candace's cheeks.

    Here's only my latest plea: someone please send Candace to me in Las Vegas when my turn comes up. I've made PLANS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LimesNow, I'm going to hook you up with Artymess or soon after her or you could go to her blog and enter your plea directly. She does need to go to Vegas!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. just chuckling over this wonderful sillyness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! I connected with artymess. Candace will be coming to Las Vegas after her tour of the U.K.!

    ReplyDelete

You might have something you want to say about this!