Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Gifts From the Road, Desert, Family and Studio

What fun to buy your own goodies with a little
 Christmas money.
Found this one on my day trip to Pearce, AZ




A gift from the desert




More gifts from the desert.
How I love little bundles of aged wire








A little bling on my walk to the gym.
I think I may have to deconstruct this for embellishments




The same walk,
 It's a wonder I don't run into things with my eyes always focused on the ground!




Das BOOT!
The best find of the day!




A mini photo cropper from back in the day.
I couldn't resist the little table it was on either.





The antique store owner said this was from Eastman Kodak Company





I got to pick out some handmade papers as a present from my husband





I'm going to have some fun with these!





From the late 1800's





Under the direction of my husband, my stepson was able to pick out just the right stuff
from the antique stores of Old Bisbee!





The biggest surprise  from my husband from a vendor at the last show I did in Alaska!







 Some gifts from the studio ( apologies for the dust on my scanner!)
Silver and swirls
My lampwork beads

















Twistable baubles for embellishments and components for jewelry design.


11 comments:

  1. ooooooo.......love that boot what delicious finds ..........and your beads are heavenly ....little microcosms of planets yet to be discovered ......mmmmm.......great post i enjoyed that alot....xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO I agree, love the boot!!!!
    Have you been here to Vegas, oh you would die if I took you out to the place they used to dump metal and glass!! All vintage and beautiful.
    it was a hoax that they were telling people 30 years ago that they were recycling and they were just dumping into the desert, sad but perfect for us artist to dig in.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drooling here Kim...so many goodies and you know how I love me some rusties!!Your lampwork is AMAZING!!Big Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Puss in Boots' finery! Looks like you had a wonderful holiday Kim, Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what finds on the road. A little booty for you....and that scarf is just darn fabulous. Call you later. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely finds.

    Love those lampwork beads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is quite the impressive stash of rusty stuff!! love love it!! Your beads are fabulous and your new scarf is a treasure!! Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are a funny bunch aren't we?! Always walking with eyes down and feeling euphoric when finding rusty old metal pieces. Amazing shibori scarf and lampwork beads !

    Everything of the best for 2011, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun post, Kim...your lampwork beads are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your pendant translates as the Queen of Fidelity, thats a good one to wear to the temple, Dan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your broach translates as Queen of fidelity, a good one to wear to the temple

    ReplyDelete

You might have something you want to say about this!