Friday, August 13, 2010

Out of ConTEXT


Laugh With Me





But I don't know Jack! 
(text added by me on this one)





For Most of Us





No Drag
(this text was from a car wax ad 
 image from a sewing book on alterations)







We Say







Moon Is There









There Is Joy




Warning!



The fence that hems him in.
(This is a larger piece that can be clicked on for detail.)









More Space
(This is more of a bookmark sized piece.)








Make the cat black
(Also a larger piece)



I've been making some more atc's  and a few larger pieces with images from vintage books.
I like to use text that takes on a different meaning out of context. Some of this text is from a typing lessons book. 

7 comments:

  1. You have a strange mind.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are terrific Kim, I am laughing and I haven't even had morning coffee yet! xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing images and associations. As Kass says you have a strange - no, I won't say strange. I'd say a 'creative' mind. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always get a kick out of your collages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the collages. Have fun today at Tanana Farmer's Mercado.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if you're a Monty Python fan, but this kind of reminds me of Terry Gilliam's animation.

    Very amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun. Your little collages are really unique :-)
    Have a wonderful art filled week!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete

You might have something you want to say about this!