Monday, February 1, 2010

Numinosity Beads Meets Altered Art

"Derive" by Kimberly Rogers



I have been meaning to start using some of my beads in my altered art projects. I had just picked up a handy little metal hole punch at the Tucson Gem and Mineral show from the gals at Beaducation that were at the To Bead True Blue show at the Doubletree Hotel in Tucson.

I had a goodly batch of rusty bottle tops that needed holes punched for my bottle top earrings.
While I was at it I got inspired to fasten on of my beads to a rusty aged metal tile that I'd picked up next to our desert property near the Chiricahua Mountains.

So with some old coins, buttons, beads mounted over the smuggler's burlap and asphalt roofing I found last week, I fastened them and added a bit of text and framed it in a thrift shop frame. One of my first finished pieces using a Numinosity Bead.

5 comments:

  1. love rust! guess it got in my blood living in Sedona! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece here. Love the rich, dark colors, the textures, and of course the rust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I love anything that's rusty.
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment.
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the individual pieces are even more striking grouped together.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

You might have something you want to say about this!