Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award


I just got my first blogger award the same week I topped the 200 followers mark. I've never gotten an award before but it entails several responsibilities. 
I'd like to thank Palimpa Lim at Schnitzkatschen for the award.

One of my responsibilities as the recipient of the award is to list 7 random things about myself.

1) I used to be a heavy equipment operator for the State of Alaska. (one of my first intaglio prints I made in my printmaking class was called "Even Plowgirls Get the Blues")

2) I'm not a pet person. I haven't had a pet in over 25 years although my yard housed a 6 dog sled dog team for 8 years. (belonged to ex boyfriend)

3) I've always had a hard time getting up in the morning

4) I have cute feet

5) Caffeine gives me night terrors and makes my arms tingle yet I still allow it into my system from time to time.

6) I can't drink wine, top shelf hard liquor agrees with me much better.

7) I was born on an island... 

I know some of you are "No Award" bloggers and also because a lot of us travel in the same circles that some of my favorite blogs have already been awarded, I am going to give a list of 15 links of some of my other favorites that you may want to visit. I know it becomes rather like a pyramid chain letter with ever widening circles but please have a look at these blogs if you wish.

10) layers
15) Amy

I'd like to award one more to my Canadian neighbor that lives off off the same highway as our Alaskan home. It's another Kim from Letting in the Light
She's recovering from a head injury from ice hockey and it's been harder for her to blog lately but her work is quite wonderful


If you choose to accept the award here are the rules:

1) add the award to your blog
2) thank the blogger that awarded you
3) write 7 random things about yourself
4) list the rules
5) award 15 other bloggers





19 comments:

  1. laughing out loud with you.
    Love your random things!
    I agree with the top shelf liquor bit!!
    Very cool and congrats on your award, you deserve it.
    I always love stopping by and seeing what you are up to, be it creating, traveling or your walks around finding bits here and there to share with us!
    Take care KIM!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved learning more about you, Kim! A heavy equipment operator...very cool! And I'm with you on slow mornings! It was SO nice of you to think of me! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see your cute feet!!
    So fun to read your random and a mighty 'thanks' for the link love and selecting my bloggity blog as a versatile one : ) You're awesome. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much my friend(:
    how did you ascertain that it was the caffeine giving you the night terrors?
    i have them too, but they don't seem to correlate with tea for me. i wish i knew what it was.
    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations - raising a Patron to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwwwwwwww, much fun !

    I knew a few of these thng because you wrote about working in Alaska driving trucks and heavy equipments ? before so interesting.
    Don't know about the cute feet ! wahahahahahaha
    I'm envious !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so sweet...but I'm still confused about the "Not a pet owner"..I have always thought of you as having five big dogs.Funny how we imagine our bloggy friends!! Thank you for the award sweet Kim!!Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you're thinking of Corrine at Dosfishes Pets never worked out for me too well. I could almost imagine having one now but our lifestyle wouldn't work for pet s right now with our moving every 6 months and all of our travel. My husband is more of a cat person but I would lean toward a corgi.

      Delete
  8. Thank you, Kim. This may be only the second time anyone has included a specific link to my blog and I appreciate it so much. I tend to NOT think of me as a versatile blogger at ALL. Enough of that. I knew some of this about you. And it was a relief to have someone ELSE on the planet who is not a pet person. I keep thinking you guys had a dog at the house in Manchester... a yappy one. Could be wrong though!

    I love OTHER people's pets a lot, but I am just too selfish to be in charge of a life like that.

    Cute feet, huh? Hmmm... I have the ugliest feet on the planet.

    Anyway, I'm glad YOU got an award. I missed yours when you were gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Brutus a wonderful mutt...he was more nippy than yappy. Always chased the paper boy and every car. We seemed to have mostly neurotic pets...any reflection on our family?

      Delete
  9. It makes my arms tingle, too, we must have the same kind of nerves (I 'have' to drink loads of coffee in the am!)

    Thanks for including me in the award! You're right, eventually we'll all get an award but I feel good anyway;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! And for 200 followers too. You do have cute feet! xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  11. what fun! congrats all around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the award, and on topping 200 followers! Thanks also for passing the award on to me. I am truly honored, and I look forward to visiting the other links you've listed, as well.

    I really enjoyed reading your list of 7 random things. Too much coffee makes my arms tingle, too. And I also have cute feet!!! :0)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, Kim, where is the pic of your cute feet?
    When I was a young girl, I always thought my toes were way too long. Now my boobs are. The heck with it! ;)
    Thank you for all the great links!!!!
    Needless to say that you deserve your award...
    xo Janna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your blog award, Kim - and thanks for bringing these other blogs to light. I will be visiting around. Happy Leap Day! -sus

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your visit and sweet comments. Yes, our house has a lot
    of hammer banging and dirty sinks. Glad to hear I can share a cocktail with you if we ever meet up. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

You might have something you want to say about this!