Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Versatile Blogger Award
I just got my first blogger award the same week I topped the 200 followers mark. I've never gotten an award before but it entails several responsibilities.
I'd like to thank Palimpa Lim at Schnitzkatschen for the award.
One of my responsibilities as the recipient of the award is to list 7 random things about myself.
1) I used to be a heavy equipment operator for the State of Alaska. (one of my first intaglio prints I made in my printmaking class was called "Even Plowgirls Get the Blues")
2) I'm not a pet person. I haven't had a pet in over 25 years although my yard housed a 6 dog sled dog team for 8 years. (belonged to ex boyfriend)
3) I've always had a hard time getting up in the morning
4) I have cute feet
5) Caffeine gives me night terrors and makes my arms tingle yet I still allow it into my system from time to time.
6) I can't drink wine, top shelf hard liquor agrees with me much better.
7) I was born on an island...
I know some of you are "No Award" bloggers and also because a lot of us travel in the same circles that some of my favorite blogs have already been awarded, I am going to give a list of 15 links of some of my other favorites that you may want to visit. I know it becomes rather like a pyramid chain letter with ever widening circles but please have a look at these blogs if you wish.
I'd like to award one more to my Canadian neighbor that lives off off the same highway as our Alaskan home. It's another Kim from Letting in the Light
She's recovering from a head injury from ice hockey and it's been harder for her to blog lately but her work is quite wonderful
If you choose to accept the award here are the rules:
1) add the award to your blog
2) thank the blogger that awarded you
3) write 7 random things about yourself
4) list the rules
5) award 15 other bloggers