Tuesday, November 29, 2011
I managed to get into the studio and create, head full of crud notwithstanding
It's nice to find elements I had prepped over 6 months ago at the ready.
I had this sheet of ironed sari silk ribbon already affixed to wonder under so all I had to do was iron it to the folded cereal box cardboard.
Same with this African fabric- already prepped.
I knew I needed a journal to bring on our India trip next month so that was my goal yesterday.
This is the inside cover
and this. I know, it looks like I have already traveled and filled it.
I guess I couldn't handle dreaded blank page syndrome already.
I had some thick gauge copper wire for binders that I hammered shut.
Now I can't add any more pages
All of the pages that I decorated do have blanks on the other side, just too boring to show here.
I used vintage calendar pages for some since they are also blank on the other side.
I should have included more pockets and I'm now beginning to have doubts that this is the journal that will travel with me because of its size and abundance of imagery and color already.
I kind of ran out of blank paper anyway so I just may have to try again and include more pockets on the next one
I made it with onion bag mesh and metal tape. I think it's rather ugly but my excuse is that I'm sick.
I do think it will be functional however.
Well, back to the drawing board. I may have to pull out the old 1890's treadle sewing machine and familiarize myself with it and make some proper pockets.
thanks for having a look!