Saturday, July 23, 2011

There was more to show you but dial-up hijacked the post.

The caption says
"It is possible that in 30 years or 40 years there will be very few factory jobs Then millions of workers will be freed to do other types of skilled work and they will have more leisure time"
Taken from a vintage typing book
Funny that I didn't find this quote until the rest of the collage was finished. I thought it fitting to add it in.
I was experimenting with adding tinted cheesecloth onto the surface with self leveling clear gel.

Two hours of trying to upload photos with two disconnections has left me with just this one image of today's work. I had an old vintage file box that I had dismantled for backgrounds. I made four collages to show you and now you'll have to wait until I can get a better connection to upload them.

Summer has decided to return to the subarctic here after a cool and rainy June and July. I know some of you would love to trade in your heat for our cooler weather right about now.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how that was the thought of the time; that technology would lead to free time?
    Love the collage and the use of the cloth over it~~are you happy with it?
    Also love the oriental text....well, I love all oriental writing, printing, etc.
    If I could hoard only ONE THING (LOL!) I think that would have to be it.
    Nice job!!!

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad you were able to hold onto the one photo anyway! The caption made me enjoy the images even more. Beautiful work! It reminds me of the Asian postcard you gave me and that I use as a bookmark. I don't want to say this out loud, but we are having a really temperate summer, relatively speaking. Very few days officially over 100 so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a lot of leisure time these days, but I think that has a lot to do with it being Great Depression II.

    I wonder looking at your collage if somebody thought typing might substitute for factory work.

    You're creative as always, numinosity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, too bad we can't see the rest, but I know how much frustration you've gone through with dial-up! Loving the cheesecloth overlay, adds that textural crunch Iove! Missed you in the pond yesterday. Maine waters would have felt really good with all that salty cold. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn you dial up!
    love the collage.
    ah leisure. time to blog!
    the temps down here are down to
    the high eighties!
    a veritable cold snap!

    ReplyDelete

You might have something you want to say about this!