Friday, December 31, 2010

The Last Projects of 2010~ Happy New Year!

Trying something new





Where the lampwork meets the "roadsmithed" bottle caps






Opals and rust



Chrysocolla and quartz





A choker of vintage buttons and sari silk ribbons




Lampwork baubles, disks and sari silk ribbons.
It's challenging for me to create a distressed and shabby look that works.


I finally got a whole day to myself to finish some projects that I had started over the last month. In between visitors and parties I found myself craving some time alone in the studio.
While  the Dave-man was off on a hiking in the Grand Canyon I got back to my bottle cap earrings. I had just bought some sari silk ribbon from Mudhound  Studio's Etsy shop and was anxious to put it to use. These are a few of my latest creations to finish out the year.
A very Arty New Year to you all and thanks for your acquaintances  and support this past year. I've enjoyed the journey.
xoxo Kim




9 comments:

  1. These came out totally cool! I see these as a Sante Fe kind of look- very hip and chic! The ribbons and beads look great together. Happy New Year. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quartz and rusty bottle tops are YUM ....i love these Kim all in your usual fantastic quirky style that only you can do.......happy New Year my bloggy friend ......xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really interesting new work-- I like! I bet the lampwork and silk necklace looks really stunning on.

    Happy New Year!
    xoxo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creations Kim. I love the combo of ribbons that you've put together and the quartz and rusty bottle caps are divine...what a unique and delightful combo of elements... and how fitting for your last post of the year..an amalgamation of new and old. The last necklace with the lampwork is my very favorite...a really special combo of elements and colors that work together is a superb fashion. Happy New Year and many thanks for kind mention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could use an arty New Year.

    Thanks for the wish. These creations are very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really wonderful, Kim...and so original!
    My favorites are the earrings with the chrysocolla, and the sari ribbons are very cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its so clever the way you combine found items into your jewellery..hope you had a good christmas and let me wish you a happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, I love all these creations, but my favorites are the lampwork-bottlecaps and the button choker. Looks like avery productive studio session! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite is the last piece as well-it's very rich-looking (not rich as in money, rich as in lush)

    ReplyDelete

You might have something you want to say about this!